Cha Cha Cha Black Beans Torres
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups black beans (3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic,
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sour cream or Mexican crema,
- Fill stock pot with water. Add beans, green pepper and 6 tablespoons chopped
onion. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic, tomatoes, remaining onion,
cumin, black pepper, cilantro and salt to taste. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
Add to black beans and stir until well mixed.
- Simmer 45 to 60 minutes until juices thicken and beans are tender. Serve with
dollop sour cream, if desired.
Source: Executive chef Martin Torres, Cha Cha Cha, Encino, California