Ernesto's Mexican Food Camarones Rancheros
- 6 plump jumbo shrimp
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 10 green tomatillos
- 2 chiles de arbol
- Wash the tomatillos and chile pods and remove stems. Place them in a small pot
and cook with garlic in one quart of water until chile pods are tender.
- Put the tomatillos, chiles and garlic in a blender and chop to a thick consistency with
part of the water that was used to cook the chiles. Season mixture with salt and
- Heat butter in a sauté pan and add green peppers. Sauté for about five minutes.
- Add shrimp and diced tomatoes and continue to cook until the shrimp start changing
- Add the tomatillo salsa, stir, and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Taste for flavor and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
Source: Chef Luis Sanchez, Ernesto's Mexican Food, Sacramento, California