Great Harvest Bread Company Brownies
- 3/4 pound butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
cup nuts (pecans or walnuts), chopped
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add chips and stir until melted. Add melted mixture
to cocoa in a bowl and combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip eggs with brown
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt. Add this dry mixture to egg/ brown
- Mix in the butter/chips/cocoa combination.
- Stir in additional chocolate
chips and nuts. (Some nuts and chocolate chips may be saved to sprinkle on top of
the brownies before baking.)
- Spread batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan and bake
for 25 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F oven.
- Cool before slicing.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 1/29/2002 1:42 pm
Source: The Daily Camera - thedailycamera.com - submitted by Tammy Gritz of the
Great Harvest Bread Company