Jolly Bean Pot Award Winning Soup
- 2 pounds dry pinto beans
- 4 ounces canola oil
- 8 ounces diced yellow onions
- 1 ounce granulated garlic
- 2 ounces bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground oregano
- 2 ounces Braggs nutritional beef flavoring liquid
- Boil beans in water until done.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add 4 ounces of canola oil to beans and mash until smooth and thick.
- Add all
other ingredients and simmer for 30-45 minutes. If using for soup, thin out to medium
thickness with water. If using for dip, thicker is better.
- Serve with corn chips.
Braggs is found in health stores.
Yield: 15 to 20 6-ounce servings
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine 12/1/2001 10:12 pm.
Source: Gilbert Abarca, Jolly Bean Pot, Adelanto, California - highdesert.com