Texas Roadhouse Baked Beans
- 1/8 cup soy bean or canola oil
- 8 ounces sirloin strips
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 8 ounces bacon, diced
- 4 cans pinto beans, drained
- 3 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup molasses
- Cook sirloin strips in oil until medium rare. Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup water;
remove beef and let cool before slicing into 1/2-inch to 1-inch squares.
- Cook bacon until just the color is brick red. Deglaze pan with the remaining
1/4 cup water.
- Place remaining ingredients in a roasting pan; stir in the sirloin and bacon.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour in a 300 degree F oven.
Source: Chef Dan Davis, Texas Roadhouse