Barbara Eden's Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 large mushrooms
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 4 ounces crabmeat, rinsed and tossed with 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cognac
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Remove mushroom stems. Combine 2 tablespoons of the Romano cheese with remaining
ingredients in a bowl; beat with mixer for 5 minutes.
- Fill mushrooms with a 1/2-inch crown left on top.
- Lightly butter a large baking sheet and arrange stuffed mushrooms with a space
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from oven; sprinkle with remaining 2
tablespoons Romano cheese.
- Heat broiler.
- Place mushrooms under broiler until cheese melts and is golden.
Yield: 24 servings