Cindy McCain's Oatmeal-Butterscotch Cookies
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 2/3 cups butterscotch chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter or margarine, granulated sugar
and brown sugar
together. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, beating well.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir until blended. Stir in oats
and butterscotch chips. Drop by tablespoonsful about 2 inches apart onto ungreased
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies