Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 2 cups chopped pecans (8 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
- In 8-quart bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 1 minute.
Gradually beat in sugars; beat to combine, 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating
after each. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches
- Bake for 17 to 19 minutes, until edges are lightly browned; rotate sheets
- Remove cookies from rack to cool.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
For 6 dozen small cookies, use 2 tablespoons dough for each. Bake at 350
degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes.