Nancy Reagan's Pumpkin-Pecan Pie
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pie shell
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break eggs into large bowl. Beat with wire whip. Add pumpkin, sugar, corn syrup,
vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Stir until sugar is dissolved and ingredients
are well blended.
- Pour into pie shell and sprinkle with pecans.
- Ake for 40 minutes,
or until filling is set, (knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean).