Make flowers and other decorations you can munch!
For kids ages 3-12
- 1/3 cup softened margarine or shortening
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract OR McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye OR McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors & Egg Dye
- Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- Add sugar; mix with hands until well blended. Add additional corn syrup
if mixture is too dry.
- Divide the mixture into as many portions as you would like to color.
- Add food color to each portion; knead well.
- Shape into flowers and other stuff you can eat!
- Store in an airtight container.
Prep: 10 min
Tip: Wear latex gloves to prevent stained hands.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.