- Cake mix - baked to form two circular cakes
- Frosting (either homemade or store
- Licorice for whiskers - M&Ms for decoration
- Jelly beans for decoration
- Coconut, dyed green
- You have two circular cakes, as though each would normally be one layer of a
birthday cake. One is the head. The other is used the make ears and a bow tie.
- Cut the two ears out of either side of the circular cake, and then the center
becomes a bow tie.
- Assemble the pieces, put frosting on it, and decorate it, making a face on it,
etc. We used white frosting for most of it, and pink frosting for the center of
the ears. Use licorice for whiskers, and put M&Ms all over the bow tie.