Bourbon Spice Pecans
- 4 cups pecans, halves or halves and pieces
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pecans on rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until fragrant.
- Transfer toasted pecans to bowl; set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add toasted pecans and stir to coat.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add bourbon; stir to combine and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, mixing well.
- Remove skillet from the heat and pour pecans onto rimmed cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread pecans into thin layer and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Break mixture into bite-size pieces and cool completely before packaging.
- Store pecans in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Yield: 4 cups
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin