Caramel Corn & Craisins® Snack Mix
- 2 quarts popped popcorn, unpopped kernels removed
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 6-ounce Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- Place popped corn in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine granulated sugar
, brown sugar, corn syrup and water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Brush sides of pan with pastry brush dipped in water to remove any sugar crystals. Boil until mixture reaches 300 degrees F (hard crack stage), about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully stir in butter, salt, baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Pour syrup over popcorn; toss to coat.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Break up into chunks.
- Cool completely.
- Combine cooled caramel corn with remaining ingredients.
- Mix gently.
Yield: 11 (1-cup) servings
CAUTION: Caramel is very hot and can cause severe burns. Use caution when handling.
Per Serving: Cal. 368.8 (18 % DV), Fat Cal. 136.8, Pro. 3.6g (7 % DV), Carb. 60.4g (20 % DV), Fat 15.2g (23% DV), Chol. 8.3mg (3% DV), Sod. 316mg (13 % DV), Vit. A 24.5RE (3% DV), Vit C 0.2mg (0 % DV), Vit. E 0.3mg (1 % DV), Calcium 19.4mg
(2 % DV), Iron 1.0mg (6 % DV), Folate 2.0Ug (1 % DV), Zinc 0.5mg (3 % DV), Pot. 118mg (3 % DV)
Dietary Exchange: Fruit 1, starch 3, Fat: 2
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.