Cherry Cordial Snowman Cheese Ball
No bowls? No problem! Shape a third of the mascarpone mixture into a small ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Shape the remaining mixture into a large ball, and wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for 20 minutes. Prepare the remaining recipe as directed.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Crystal Farms Original Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 (14 ounce) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- Chocolate-covered cherries
- Brown milk chocolate M&M's
- Peppermint candies
- Red licorice
- Assorted cookies
- Beat the cream cheese, mascarpone, confectioners’ sugar and bourbon in a large bowl until blended.
- Fold in chocolate and cherries.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spoon a third of the mascarpone mixture into a plastic wrap-lined, small bowl, about 5 1/2-inches diameter x 2-inches deep. Wrap with plastic wrap.
- Spoon the remaining mixture into a plastic wrap-lined, large bowl, about 7-inches diameter x 2-inches deep. Wrap with plastic wrap. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Unwrap each cheese ball. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Press coconut on balls to coat.
- Place chocolate-covered cherries for eyes, a gumdrop for nose and M&M’s for mouth.
- Arrange peppermint candies for buttons and licorice for scarf.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until serving.
- Serve with cookies.
Yield: 12-16 servings (about 5 cups)
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin