Cherry Nut Spread
Serve festive Cherry Nut Spread at a party or as a snack for kids.
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons tart cherry juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- Toasted bread or assorted crackers
- Combine cream cheese and tart cherry juice concentrate; mix until smooth.
- Stir in sugar, pecans and thyme.
- Refrigerate, covered, 2 to 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Use as a spread on toasted breads or as a dip for assorted crackers.
Yield: about 1 cup; 8 appetizer servings
Nutrition Facts (without bread or crackers) per 2-tablespoon serving: 109 cal., 6 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 10 g carbo., 16 mg chol., 3 g pro., 0 g fiber, 93 mg sodium
Daily RDA values: 4% vit. A, 0% vit. C, 4% calcium, 4% iron
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Cherry Marketing Institute