- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 1 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup hot water (120 to 130 degrees F)
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts - divided use
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- divided use
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons low-fat or fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray two cookie sheets with cooking spray. Place cranberry sauce in fine strainer or sieve; stir to break up. Set aside to drain thoroughly.
- In large bowl, combine contents of box and yeast packet from hot roll mix with oats and 1/4 cup granulated sugar
; mix well. Stir in hot water, egg substitute and margarine until dough pulls away from bowl. Knead on lightly floured surface 5 minutes or until smooth. Divide dough in half. Keep half the dough covered. Press other half of dough into 12 x 8-inch rectangle on one cookie sheet. Top with half of drained cranberry sauce, 1/4 cup nuts and 1 tablespoon sugar to within 1-inch of edge. Roll up, starting from long side, pinching seams and ends to seal. Bring ends together to form a ring. With kitchen shears, cut through
ring almost to center at 2-inch intervals. Make second wreath with remaining dough. Cover both wreaths loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until nearly double in size.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Uncover wreaths; bake for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- For icing, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix until smooth. Spread over top of each wreath.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 8 servings
To reheat: Microwave at HIGH for 15 to 20 seconds per serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 1/8 of cake; Calories: 240 Total Fat:
6 Saturated Fat: 1 Cholesterol: 0 Sodium: 220 Dietary Fiber: 1
Recipe and photo used with permission from: The Quaker Oats Company