Candy Cane Cheesecake
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine first 3 ingredients and press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Blend sour cream, sugar, eggs, flour and both extracts until smooth.
- Add cream cheese and the 2 tablespoons butter.
- Stir in crushed candy.
- Pour into crust and bake on lowest rack of oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool (top may crack) and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from pan and serve.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with candy cane if desired.