Candy Cane Swirl Cheesecake
Create a show stopping dessert for the holiday table. This Candy Cane Swirl Cheesecake features swirls of plain and pink-tinted white chocolate peppermint batter.
Chocolate Crumb Crust
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, (about 27 chocolate wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 10 drops McCormick® Red Food Color
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Chocolate Crumb Crust: Mix chocolate wafer crumbs, butter and sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Press evenly into bottom and 2 inches up sides of 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Cheesecake Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until well blended.
- Add melted white chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Add sour cream, flour and peppermint extract; mix well.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the batter.
- Add food color; mix until well blended. Alternately drop plain and tinted batters by spoonsful into prepared crust. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake 55 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Turn off oven. Leave cheesecake in oven 2 hours or until cooled.
- Remove from oven.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Run small knife around sides of pan to loosen crust; remove sides of pan.
- Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
- Serve cheesecake topped with whipped cream, crushed candy cane or shaved chocolate.
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 55 min | Serves: 12
Nutritional information (amount per serving) Calories: 478 Sodium: 385mg Fat: 34g Carbohydrates: 35g Cholesterol: 151mg Protein: 8g Fiber: 1g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: McCormick