Berry Christmas Fudge
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Christmas green paste food coloring
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen), rinsed and drained
- In a bowl, mash cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Beat in almond extract and food coloring.
- Knead in almonds.
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil and press half of the fudge into an even layer.
- Place cranberries evenly over fudge.
- Cover with remaining fudge and press until even.
- Chill for several hours.
- Cut into 1-inch squares with a sharp knife.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Yield: 80 (1-inch) squares