Variation: These cookies are also great when rolled in powdered sugar. Be sure to coat them while they are still warm to ensure an even coating of the sugar.
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground PLANTERS Almonds
- 4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter and sugar in large bowl; stir with wooden spoon until well blended. Gradually add flour, stirring until well blended after each addition.
- Blend in almonds. Shape tablespoons of dough into 2-inch crescents.
- Place on ungreased parchment- or foil-covered baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package. Dip one end of each cooled cookie into melted chocolate; sprinkle with pistachios.
- Return to wire racks; let stand until set.
Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen cookies or 54 servings, 1 cookie each
Nutritional Information: Calories 130 Total fat 9 g Saturated fat 4 g Cholesterol 20 mg Sodium 50 mg Carbohydrate 11 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 3 g Protein 2 g Vitamin A
4 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 4 %DV
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company