Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops
These irresistible Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops make adorable hostess gifts or take-home goodies.
Although the edges of the brownies are crusty, they don’t need to be discarded. Simply scoop the edges along with the center; they’ll soften as they stand.
If desired, lollipop sticks or stick candies can be substituted for the candy canes.
Wrap lollipops in cellophane, tie with ribbon and use as table décor, place cards or take-home goodies for a special holiday touch.
- 1 (18-21 ounce/450 g) package fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
- 24 candy canes
- 10 ounces (300 g) chocolate-flavored almond bark
- Additional decorations such as red jimmies (optional)
- Line Medium Sheet Pan with a 13-inch (33-cm) piece of Parchment Paper; lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; pour batter into pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist
crumbs attached. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 20 minutes or until still slightly warm.
- Meanwhile, cut straight ends of candy canes off to form 4 1/2-inch (11-cm) sticks using Utility Knife. Place candy cane tops into resealable plastic bag and crush using flat side of Meat Tenderizer; set aside.
- Using Medium Scoop, scoop brownie into 24 rounded scoops, packing brownie into scoop using hands. (Entire brownie will be used.) Roll brownie scoops into smooth balls. Insert candy cane sticks into centers of balls, mounding brownie around each stick.
- Place almond bark into Small Batter Bowl; microwave according to package directions until smooth. Spoon melted bark evenly over each brownie ball, turning to coat completely. Allow excess bark to drip off. Dip into reserved crushed candy canes or jimmies and stand upright on a piece of Parchment Paper. Repeat with remaining almond bark, lollipops and crushed candy. Let stand until set.
- Place into miniature cupcake liners.
Yield: 24 servings
Nutrients per serving (1 lollipop, excluding optional ingredient): Calories 260, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 75 mg, Fiber 1 g
Recipe used with permission from: The Pampered Chef through JLJanik & Company