Cherry Eggnog Biscotti
Eggnog flavor and dried cherries make these a festive, anytime treat.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line ungreased cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in large bowl. Add butter;
beat at low speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Increase speed to medium;
add eggs and 1 teaspoon rum extract. Beat until well mixed. Stir in cherries by
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface; knead 10 to 15 times with lightly
floured hands. Divide dough in half; roll each half into 14-inch log. Place logs
3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet; flatten each log to about 2 inches wide.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 10 minutes on cooling rack covered
with parchment paper.
- Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees F. Remove logs from parchment; cut into
3/4-inch diagonal slices. Lay slices onto same cookie sheet, cut-side down.
- Bake for 13 minutes. Turn over; continue baking an additional 12 to 14 minutes or until
- Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon rum extract and enough milk for desired
consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled biscotti.
Yield: 3 dozen biscotti
Nutrition Facts (1 biscotti): Calories: 90, Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 25mg,
Sodium: 110mg, Carbohydrates: 16g, Dietary Fiber: <1g, Protein: 2g