- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (NO substitutions)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Colored sugar (red, green, blue, yellow, pink, etc.)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix butter, confectioners' sugar and almond extract in bowl. Mix until light.
- Add flour and salt. Mix well.
- Chill the dough until you are ready to bake or bake immediately.
- When ready to bake, roll dough into small balls, then roll in colored sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Yield: about 4 dozen