- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups freshly-ground cranberries
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg, salt
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or table knives, until particles
are very fine.
- Add cranberries and brown sugar. Mix until well blended.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two cookie sheets.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into 3-inch rounds.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.