Cranberry Sauce Bars
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup whole cranberry sauce, drained
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 Ingredients - flour, oatmeal, brown sugar,
baking powder, and melted butter, until crumbly (large crumbs).
- Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Press the remainder into an ungreased 8-
or 9-inch square pan.
- Spoon and spread the cranberry sauce over the crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs and gently pat.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut in bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 16-24 bars
Recipe may be doubled and mincemeat may substitute for the cranberry sauce.