Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel (zest)
- 1 (6 ounce) package Craisins® Dried Cranberries, chopped*
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the flour, a little at a time, until combined.
- Stir in the grated orange peel.
- Stir in sweetened dried cranberries.
- Cookies can be made into balls or flattened.
- To make round cookies: Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 dozen at a time on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove from sheets; cool slightly and dust with additional powdered sugar.
- To make flat cookies: Form dough into 1-inch balls as directed above. Using the bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar, flatten balls on cookie sheet, making rounds 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.