Holiday White Chocolate Macaroon Cookies
The richness of white chocolate and coconut marry in an easy drop cookie.
- 1 pouch (17.5 ounce) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine,
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 2/3 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Betty Crocker® red and
green decorating sugars
- Coarse white sparkling sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, coconut, 1 cup of the baking chips
and the extract until dough forms.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonsful 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet; cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 2/3 cup baking chips and the
shortening on High 30 to 60 seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with sugars as desired.
Prep Time 30 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hour
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Cookie) Calories 150(Calories from Fat
70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 1/2g), Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 80mg;
Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 14g), Protein 2g
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photograph used with permission from