Stained Glass Window Cookies
Create your own excitement with these unique treats. They make an exceptional holiday cookie!
- 1 (16.5 ounce) package NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Bar Dough
- All-purpose flour
- About 1/2 cup finely crushed hard candy
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with foil.
- Cut dough in half; refrigerate one half.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon flour onto working surface.
- Sprinkle additional flour over remaining half. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness, using additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Cut into desired shapes with 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters.
- Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets with spatula, placing about 2 inches apart. Cut out small shapes in cookie centers. Spoon candy into each center to fill holes. Pierce hole at top of shape if cookie is going to be hung. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; slide foil with cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.
Yield: 20 cookies
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com