Swedish Angel Crisps
- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cups shortening
- 1/2 cups butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- Sugar for rolling cookie balls
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the shortening, sugars, and butter until smooth.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Stir into the sugar mixture.
- Roll dough into walnut-size balls.
- Roll the balls in chopped nuts then in sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies
are light brown.
Yield: 2 to 4 dozen
You can also add 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa to this recipe. The
cookies taste like brownie cookies.