White Christmas Squares
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces mixed candied fruit, chopped
- 2 ounces red and green candied cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 4.5 ounces white vegetable shortening
- 4.5 ounces white chocolate chips
- Brush a 9 x 13-inch pan with vegetable oil. Line base and sides with paper.
- Combine Rice Krispies, coconut, powdered milk, confectioners' sugar and all
fruit in a large bowl.
- Chop up the shortening, and place with the chocolate in the top of a double boiler
over simmering water. Stir until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Combine chocolate and Rice Krispies mixture.
- Press into the prepared pan and refrigerate until set.
- Remove from the pan, allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares with a sharp knife.