White Wonder Cookie Bars
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease one 9-inch square baking pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment
paper and set aside.
- Chop 1/2 of the white chocolate into very small pieces.
- Chop the remaining white chocolate and the bittersweet chocolate into large chunks,
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Do not allow the butter to bubble or to
- Remove from the heat and add the finely chopped white chocolate. Do not stir
the chocolate in, set aside.
- Beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla together until thick and lemon colored, about
- Lower the mixer speed and add the butter mixture. Mix just to blend.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until the flour is mixed in.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the two chocolates and the nuts.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until the brownies are just set, about 30 minutes. A wooden
pick inserted in the center should come out with moist crumbs still attached. As
with all brownies it is better to under-bake than to over-bake.
- Allow to cool for about 1 hour then cut into squares.