Almond Streusel Baked Pears
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 large, firm-ripe pears
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice OR pumpkin pie spice
- 6 tablespoons stick 70% vegetable oil spread, softened
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine yogurt and honey; mix well. Cover; chill.
- In medium bowl, combine oats, sugar, flour and allspice; mix well. Cut in spread with two knives until mixture is crumbly. Stir in almonds. Set aside.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, remove center portion of each pear half, leaving a 1/2-inch shell. Place scooped pears cut side down in pan; spray with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes or until pears begin to feel tender when pierced with a small sharp knife.
- Remove pan from oven to wire rack. Turn pears cut side up in pan. Spoon reserved oat mixture over pears. Return pan to oven.
- Continue baking for 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is light golden brown and pears are tender.
- Cool pears for 5 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- Spoon sauce over warm pears to serve.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Quaker Oats