Candy Cane Cannoli
- 15 miniature candy canes, crushed
- 1 package pre-made cannoli shells
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate pieces or a combination of both, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted (for filling)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Set aside.
- Brush crumbs from cannoli, then dip one end into melted chocolate,
shaking off excess.
- Repeat with the other end of cannoli shell.
- Sprinkle chocolate with larger pieces of crushed candy cane.
- Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining cannoli shells.
Refrigerate to set. About 15 minutes.
- Reserve chocolate for additional garnish if desired.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add confectioner's sugar and blend well.
- Add cream and white chocolate. Beat until fluffy.
- With a spatula, fold in 2-3 tablespoons of remaining crushed peppermint.
- Spoon the filling into cannoli shells or pipe in filling with an open tip.
- Reheat remaining chocolate and drizzle diagonally over finished cannoli.
- Garnish chocolate with remaining crushed peppermint candies.
- Refrigerate to set.