Dazzling Mini Pear Tarts
- 4-inch Round Tart Pans
- Cookie Sheet
- Rolling Pin
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granola cereal, crushed*
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 large pears, thinly sliced
- Fresh berries
- Granola cereal, crushed*
- Lemon zest curls, if desired
* Place granola in resealable food storage bag. Crush with rolling pin.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In small bowl, combine crust ingredients.
- Pat into four 4-inch round tart pans. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and zest; blend well.
- Divide evenly among tarts.
- Arrange pear slices and berries over filling.
- Sprinkle with crushed granola and lemon zest curls, if desired.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Wilton Industries