Cranberry-Pecan Stuffed Beef Sirloin Roast
- 1 (3 pound) beef top sirloin steak, cut 2-inches thick
- 1 1/2 cups whole, fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cranberries, pecans, parsley,
brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cut a horizontal slit through center of steak to within half
inch of edges to create a three-sided pocket to hold stuffing.
- Stuff the steak with three fourths of the cranberry mixture
and close the open edge with a wooden pick. Spread the remaining
mixture and juices over the top of the roast. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
- Roast sirloin on rack in a roasting pan in 350 degree F oven
for 1 hour or 20 minutes per pound.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before carving into 1/2-inch thick slices.