For Gift Giving: Spoon granola into airtight glass or plastic jars, canisters, cellophane gift bags (tie closed with ribbon) or empty oatmeal tubes. Ahead of time, paint designs on jars with paint markers or sponges and paint, cover oatmeal tubes with gift wrap, or decorate gift bags with holiday stickers.
- 4 cups Quaker Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 (6-ounce) package dried cranberries (about 1 1/3 cups)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except cranberries in large bowl; mix well. Spread evenly in 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven; stir in cranberries. Cool completely in pan.
- Store tightly covered up to 2 weeks.
Servings: 6 1/2 cups
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Quaker Oats