Snowman Oatmeal Cookies
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- Decorator frosting in tubes
- Candy sprinkles and small candies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat well.
- In s separate bowl, combine flour and baking soda; mix well. Add to butter mixture; mix well. Stir in oats; mix well.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Using hands, pat each portion of dough into a large 1/4-inch thick snowman on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets; carefully remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Decorate as desired with frosting and candy.
- Store tightly covered.
Yield: 4 jumbo cookies.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Quaker Oats