Fleas Navidad Nibblers (for dogs)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together honey, water, applesauce, vanilla extract and egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix peanuts, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, mixing well.
- Spoon into a greased nonstick mini-muffin tin, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in a sealed container.
Source: Dawn Bravard, Humane Society of Pulaski County