Amaretto Wreath Pie
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 small boxes pistachio instant pudding
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup amaretto
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pistachios, crushed
- In a bowl, mix cookie crumbs, amaretto and butter. Press mixture firmly
into an ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
- In a bowl, combine pudding mix and half-and-half until smooth.
- Gradually beat in Amaretto.
- Fold in pineapple.
- Turn mixture into pie plate. Chill until thick.
- When ready to serve, whip cream with sugar and vanilla extract until thick.
- Spoon cream around outer edge of pie.
- Sprinkle crushed pistachios over cream.