Cappuccino Cheesecake Pie
with Pecan Sauce
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur or strong coffee
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Filling: In large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs; beat until well blended.
- Add coffee, and blend well. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until edges are set and golden brown (center will
not appear set). Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15-20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and center is set, about 2 hours.
- Sauce: In medium saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients except pecans.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pecan halves.
- To serve, pour warm sauce over each serving. Garnish with whipped cream and pecan halves.