Caramel Pecan Tarts
Do you like pecan pie? Try these minis that are a nutty caramel cousin to the big pie.
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 12 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup butter and the powdered sugar. Divide dough into 24 equal pieces. Press each piece in bottom and up side of small muffin cup, 1 3/4 x 1 inch, ungreased or lined with foil or paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl, mix remaining Tart ingredients. Spoon slightly less than 1 tablespoon mixture into each cup.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until filling is set and crust is light brown.
- Cool slightly; loosen from cups with tip of knife. Remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat caramels and milk over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Spoon topping onto cooled tarts.
Yield: 2 dozen tarts
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 65); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 70mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars ncg); Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: nc
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: