Chocolate Bliss Pecan Pie
Here's a Chocolate Bliss Pecan Pie to serve on the weekend when special friends come to dinner. Keep tabs on the serving size of this rich, chocolatey dessert.
SPECIAL EXTRA: Serve topped with thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 package (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, divided
- 1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (9 inch)*
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten, divided
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups PLANTERS Pecan or Walnut Halves
* Substitute 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust (9 inch) for refrigerated pie crust.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coarsely chop 4 of the chocolate squares; set aside.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with pie crust as directed on package.
- Microwave remaining 4 chocolate squares and butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Brush bottom of pie crust with small amount of the beaten eggs.
- Add remaining beaten eggs, sugar, corn syrup and vanilla extract to melted chocolate; stir until well blended.
- Add chopped chocolate and pecans; mix well. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 55 minutes or until knife inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories 610 Total fat 36 g Saturated fat 14 g Cholesterol 85 mg Sodium 240 mg Carbohydrate 68 g Dietary fiber 4 g Sugars 41 g Protein 8 g Vitamin A
4 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 4 %DV Iron 15 %DV
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company