Eggnog Custard Pie
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups eggnog (not canned)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons brandy or rum (or use extracts)
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions for a filled
1-crust pie, using a 9-inch pie pan. (Refrigerate remaining crust for a later use). Heat oven to
350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add remaining filling ingredients.
Blend well. Pour into pie crust-lined pan. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, then bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until
a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil during the last
10 to 15 minutes of baking if necessary to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
Add confectioners' sugar and brandy. Beat until stiff peaks form. Garnish with nutmeg.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Contributed to Recipe Goldmine by Barbara M. - Albuquerque, New Mexico.