Pepper Jelly Tarts
Baked tarts may be frozen for up to one month.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup red or green hot pepper jelly
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together cheese,
butter, paprika and pepper.
- Stir in flour until mixture just forms a dough.
- Shape mixture into 30 small balls. Press each
ball into a mini-muffin cup to form a shell.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon jelly into each shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, then remove to rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.