Pumpkin Bourbon Pie
The holiday season is fast approaching. And why not add a festive twist to a traditional favorite. Made with better-for-you pumpkin, our tasty recipe features a hint of bourbon.
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Bourbon Whipped Cream (optional)
Bourbon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pie: Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk and bourbon.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F; bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately with Bourbon Whipped Cream or refrigerate.
- Bourbon Whipped Cream: Whip heavy cream in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add light brown sugar, bourbon and ground ginger; continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
Prep: 10 min | Bake: 1 hr 5 min | Servings: 8
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com