Festive Cranberry Sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine cranberries, sugar, 3/4 cup water and almond extract
in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high hear; reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered,
5 minutes or until cranberries are tender and sugar is dissolved.
- Return mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir remaining 1/4 cup water into cornstarch in small cup until smooth; stir
into boiling mixture. Boil for 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
Yield: about 2 1/2 cups