Latino-Style Cranberry Sauce
- 3 cups Ocean Spray Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 2 oranges, segments removed, chopped
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 chopped serrano chile, seeds and veins removed for less heat if desired
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Combine cranberries, oranges, sugar and water in large saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium and boil until cranberries pop and start to thicken slightly, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in chile and lime peel.
- Cool completely.
- Stir in cilantro.
Yield: 2 cups
Recipe and photo used with permission from: