Yorkshire Pudding is a wonderful accompaniment for prime rib.
- 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot beef drippings or melted butter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour in the milk. Stir in the milk.
- Beat the eggs until fluffy. Beat them into the batter, then add the water. Beat the batter well until large bubbles rise to the surface.
- Have ready a hot 12 x 9-inch ovenproof dish or hot muffin tins containing about 1/4 inch hot beef drippings or melted butter.
- Pour in the batter. It should be about 5/8 inch high.
- Bake the pudding for about 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and bake it 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Serve at once.