- 2 to 3 large Bermuda onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups dried, unseasoned bread cubes
- 1 1/2 cups currants
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sage
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Sauté onions in butter until tender, then blend into other ingredients.
- Season to taste and fill the turkey's stomach and neck cavities.
- The remainder can be placed in a 375 degree F oven and crisped
for 15 minutes before the turkey is ready to come out of the oven, then mixed with the stuffing from the cavity and baked
for another 15 minutes.