Sherried Portobello Mushroom Gravy
- Pan of drippings from roast turkey breast
- 3/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 portobello mushroom, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the turkey breast from the roasting pan; set aside.
- Place the pan and its drippings over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the sherry, scraping and deglazing the pan.
- Add the mushroom pieces, continuing to stir.
- As the sauce thickens, add the water, a little at a time, continuing to
stir for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch-water mixture, increase the heat to medium
and stir until the gravy thickens.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Yield: 3 cups